On this page
- Best Psychology Programs in Florida
- Top Online Psychology Degree Programs in Florida
- Spotlighting Accredited Florida Online Psychology Degrees
- Types of Psychology Degrees You Can Earn in Florida
- Financial Aid for Psychology Students in Florida
- Job Growth and Earnings for Psychology Grads in Florida
- Resources for Psychology Professionals and Students in Florida
Back TO TOP
Exploring the field of psychology is not only a fascinating journey of self-discovery and understanding of others, but it also leads to countless career opportunities in diverse fields such as therapy, counseling, marketing, and sales. Florida is home to several renowned universities that offer exceptional psychology programs both on-campus and online. However, choosing the right program from the vast array of options available can be daunting. To help you make an informed decision, this guide highlights some of the top psychology programs in Florida. Discover the unique features and benefits of each program, and find the one that aligns with your education and career aspirations.
Best Psychology Programs in Florida (FL)
The popularity of psychology as a major means plenty of program options, so deciding from the many top psychology programs in Florida might feel overwhelming. To help you with the process, we’ve identified some of the top on-campus and online psychology degree programs in Florida based on factors like accreditation, affordability, and student support. See who stands above the rest and check back for our full rankings later this year.
The University of Florida
The University of South Florida
The University of Central Florida
2024’s Best Online Psychology Degrees in Florida
The growth and acceptance of online learning have revolutionized higher education in recent years, offering students greater flexibility and affordability than traditional programs. Accredited online psychology degree programs in Florida are no exception, with nearly every university offering these academic offerings. These programs are especially popular for their convenience and affordability, making them an excellent option for working professionals and others needing flexibility.
Fortunately, many of these programs are fully online, which means no on-campus visits are required. To help you find the right online psychology programs in Florida, we’ve highlighted the best overall options below. Schools were ranked on important criteria like affordability, study flexibility, and academic quality. See which online psychology degrees in FL rose to the top for 2024.
College Ranking Methodology
Generate List of Eligible Schools and Programs
To be eligible for this ranking, schools were required to meet the following criteria based on government data provided by The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS).
- Institutional accreditation from an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- At least one program in the subject area offered partially or fully online.
- Career placement and academic counseling services.
After generating the list of eligible schools, the STEPS data team then assigned weights and ranked schools based on their performance in a variety of key categories. Affordability metrics received the heaviest weightings, followed by online learning and academic quality metrics (equally weighted).
- Relative cost of attendance compared to peer schools on the list. Based on in-state tuition for undergraduate students per academic year.
- Percentage of students who receive institutional financial aid (directly from the school).
- Average amount of institutional financial aid awarded.
- Number of online programs in subject area self-reported by school to the U.S. Department of Education.
- Percentage of students at the school taking at least one class online.
- Student-to-faculty ratio.
- Percentage of full-time, first-time students graduating within 6 years.