On this page
- Best Criminal Justice Schools in Texas for 2024
- Top Online Criminal Justice Degree Programs in Texas
- Texas Online Criminal Justice Degree Spotlights
- Types of Criminal Justice Degrees in Texas You Can Earn
- Financial Aid Opportunities for Criminal Justice Students in Texas
- Employment and Earnings Outlook for Criminal Justice Grads in Texas
- Resources for Criminal Justice Professionals and Students in Texas
Back TO TOP
If you’re looking to launch a new career in law enforcement or corrections, or seeking more responsibilities and better pay in your current job, Texas criminal justice schools offer programs that provide policy knowledge and social science skills needed to achieve your goals. This guide explores the criminal justice degree options available in Texas, highlights some of this year’s top-ranked schools, and examines convenient online criminal justice degree programs in the state. Additionally, it examines job outlook and earnings trends for criminal justice graduates and lists key student resources. Read on to discover the best Texas criminal justice schools that meet your needs.
Best Criminal Justice Schools in Texas for 2024
Researching potential degree programs can be overwhelming, so we have compiled a list of some of the best criminal justice schools in Texas to help you get started. These schools offer quality, accredited programming with multiple pathways to completion, setting themselves apart from others. They provide the curriculum, flexibility, and student support necessary to jumpstart a career as a court official, law enforcement officer, or security specialist. Check out our ranking below to find out who stands out in 2023.
Texas Christian University
Texas State University
Texas Woman’s University
Top Online Criminal Justice Degree Programs in Texas for 2024
Unlike many other disciplines, you can earn an online criminal justice degree in Texas without ever traveling to campus. Online criminal justice degree programs typically deliver course content using synchronous tools on a regular, structured schedule or through asynchronous platforms that make material available at students’ convenience. If you’re unsure you want to completely forgo face-to-face contact, plenty of schools offer hybrid options that combine online coursework with in-person learning.
Learn more about this year’s top-rated online criminal justice degree programs in Texas by reviewing our rankings list below.
College Ranking Methodology
Generate List of Eligible Schools and Programs
To be eligible for this ranking, schools were required to meet the following criteria based on government data provided by The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS).
- Institutional accreditation from an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- At least one program in the subject area offered partially or fully online.
- Career placement and academic counseling services.
After generating the list of eligible schools, the STEPS data team then assigned weights and ranked schools based on their performance in a variety of key categories. Affordability metrics received the heaviest weightings, followed by online learning and academic quality metrics (equally weighted).
- Relative cost of attendance compared to peer schools on the list. Based on in-state tuition for undergraduate students per academic year.
- Percentage of students who receive institutional financial aid (directly from the school).
- Average amount of institutional financial aid awarded.
- Number of online programs in subject area self-reported by school to the U.S. Departmen